My grandmother used to make these for me. She called them “kiss cookies”. They’re basically nut-flour cookies, akin to danish wedding cookies – you know, those little powdered-sugar bombs.
The ingredients are accurate but the technique is something which will take a few tries to master.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of very finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix everything well – dry ingredients first; then pour in wet.
- Use 1tbsp. spoon of dough to form a small crescent shape – think the size of your pinky finger when curled.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until firm; they should not be too brown. This is a very dry dough and will become crumbly if you bake them too long.