Continuing the best of “nonna’s cookies” recipes today. Here we have the recipe for “cestini con picanz”. I don’t have a picture of them – but basically they’re little cups of gooey pecan deliciousness. Almost like pecan pie bites. But less gelatinous and more nutty.
Interesting thing: the dough here is a bit savory. It could probably be filled with anything.
Ingredients and Preparation
There are two main parts to this recipe: making the dough and making the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Prepare the dough.
- Prepare the filling.
- Fill the cups of a mini-cupcake pan with the dough. Make sure that the dough is as thin as possible.
- Fill the dough-lined cups with the filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with powdered sugar.
Dough ingredients and preparation
- 6 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- Mix the ingredients together until well blended.
Filling ingredients and preparation
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. melted butter
- Mix ingredients well.